Saturday, June 28, 2008

He Shoots, He Scores!

As I said earlier, Friday's run was a 6 miler with a goal pace of 8:31. I decided to get the run out of the way before work so I could watch the Cubs-Sox game when I got home. As it turned out, I didn't miss much. The Cubs were mauled by the Sox.

The good news is that the run went well. I ended up coming in at an 8:21 pace, so I am feeling good where I am right now heading into the long run that will close out Week 1 of training. I have a very minimal amount of soreness, which is pretty normal for me.

Perhaps the real excitement came later in the evening when my wife, some friends and me bumped into world famous hockey player Andrew Raycroft. Actually, I had no idea who he was until last night. And now I really doubt that he is that famous after posting a 2-9 record as the number 2 goalie for the Toronto Maple Leafs last season. As it turns out, yesterday was not a good day for Andrew. Despite winning 37 games for the Leafs in the 2006-2007 season, he was released yesterday: http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/450997

So, let's wish Andrew the best and hope he lands on his feet next season in a hockey arena near you. My friend Kyle Wills mentioned something about him having neck problems, but wasn't sure if that was due to watching a hefty 3.92 goals per game whiz by him last year.

No comments: