Friday, October 10, 2008

Almost There

The marathon is now only a couple of days away. I just saw the Dr. Garelick for my follow-up. He says everything is as good as it's going to get and wished me luck. He also told me not to run another marathon right away and to take it easy over the next several weeks. I am headed to my physical therapy session in a little bit, then will run my last few miles before Sunday. My head had been shaved for the last time and everything is pretty much in place besides the playlist. I'll post a picture of my shirt tonight or tomorrow.

I have started to realize that my forum for the the 2008 Chicago Marathon and Running for Cru is about to come to a close. I better use my last few days to their fullest. I will really miss this part of it. I hope all of you have found some enjoyment in my ramblings and stories. I know I have. The most important thing is that we've been able spread the word about SMA and raise money for FSMA. Hopefully it will help them find a cure. Feel free to check out their site www.curesma.org as they post updates and developments on their latest research and breakthroughs.

So, over he next couple of days, I will post my remaining race recaps and that will probably be it. Sometime on Sunday or Monday, I'll give you my best blow-by-blow recap of Sunday's marathon.

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone for their support of FSMA, Cru, the Fanaros and my running. It really has been an amazing thing that we've been able to do here. I couldn't be happier to be a part of it.

If there's anyone out there who is planning on catching the marathon and has not been in contact with Tiffany or Ken, please let me know via email, phonecall, or message at the bottom of any one of thses posts.

Thanks again,
Paul

No comments: