Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Cru

Yesterday would have been Cru's first birthday. I don't really have much to add besides his story is one that often saddens me and still doesn't make sense. It's really too bad that this blog even exists. As I said before, I intend to run for Cru and SMA again this fall. I am also still considering having other runners join the effort in any half or full marathon. Let me know if you are interested in joining the effort. One person did express her interest a few months ago, which was awesome. I'll be getting in touch with FSMA very soon to see what kind of support they would be able to give me and/or my possible team of runners. I'd like to continue doing everything I can to try to fight SMA and help find a cure so no one has to go through what Ken, Michelle, Cru and their families went through and still go through on a daily basis.


For those of you new to the blog, here are a few posts to help you understand the background.

The first post:
http://runningforcru.blogspot.com/2008/06/test.html

Pictures of Cru:
http://runningforcru.blogspot.com/2008/09/cru-pics.html

Sad News:
http://runningforcru.blogspot.com/2008/09/sad-news.html


We miss you Cru.

1 comment:

MelFan23 said...

Keep me posted. I am signed for the half marathon in August. I have 5 friends that are also running it, and would love to do it for Cru. One of our good friends is getting married the day before the marathon, so looks like no one is in for that. I am seriously considering for 2010 though....I figure I have some time to think about it :)