Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thirty Thousand Bucks

This week's wrap up is going to be be short and sweet as the Bears are busy trying to get Chicago's collective hope up by looking decent against the Colts tonight. They are winning 15-13 as I type.

First off, I forgot to mention that we hit the $30,000 mark last week. Thanks to all of you for your continued support. The effort by everyone involved has been unbelievable.
***
The week ended slightly different than planned. I did get 11 in on Friday morning. I ran it at an 8:04 pace. My knee was a little sore that afternoon and night, so I put off the doubleheader. I woke up on Saturday and felt fine, so I ran the 9 miles with the middle 7 at an 7:04 pace. That left me with a longer run on Sunday. I decided to turn the long run into a short easy run. I figured the 7:04 tempo was much more important than the miles at that point. I also figured staying healthy is more important than tacking on the extra miles as well. So, with the half marathon scheduled and more Yasso's scheduled for this coming week, I ran only 5 miles today. It felt fine. I only had some mild fatigue because of the three consecutive days as well as the tempo run yesterday, but there were no major issues.

With five weeks to go and two hard weeks left, I am feeling good and am looking forward to the half on Sunday. It will be a good test to see where I am at and give me a good idea of how aggressive I will set my goal pace to be on October 12th.

Here's what the upcoming week looks like:
Tuesday: 10 @ 8:10
Wednesday: 9 @ 8:10
Friday: Yasso's - goal of 3:10
Sunday: Half Marathon - goal will be in the 1:35 to 1:36 range, which is a 7:15-7:20 pace

I may change the days around to run the Yasso's on Tuesday or Wednesday so my Friday run can be less physically taxing.


Have a good week and keep on rooting for the cooler weather to continue.

No comments: