Thursday, July 24, 2008

$25,000 in Sight

It's crazy really. We're have almost reached $25,000. If you would have told me we'd be able to raise this much money when we were just getting stated, I'd have called you a lunatic. So, I'd like to send out a huge thank you to everyone who has contributed to the cause. It has truly been remarkable what we've been able to do - in just over a month! Thanks again to everyone. I really can't thank all of you enough. You're all amazing.
***

So, I had runs scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Tuesday's run was supposed to be 8 miles at an 8:25 pace. Tuesday happened to be one of those days where you feel like you could run forever. I have these days about once every three weeks or so, when I feel like that ,I try to make the most of it. I really didn't have time to add any miles onto the 8, so I picked up the pace. I ran the 8 at a 7:55 pace. And I wasn't pushing it at all. I felt great during the run and really good post-run as well.

I did have some minor soreness yesterday, so I decided to swap the Wednesday and Friday runs. This would basically give me a slightly easier recovery by swapping the 6 @ 8:25 and the 8 with 4 to 5 miles @ 7:13. Plus, I'll be able to knock out the Friday run in the morning. The temperature should be close to perfect.

I ran the 6 miles yesterday @ an 8:05 pace. Maybe I turned a corner after doing the Yasso's. The two runs since doing the Yasso's on Sunday have both been very solid. It was definitely more of a struggle than Tuesday's run, but I was happy with considering I wasn't feeling great before I headed out for the run.
***
Lastly, I have a little soreness in my left foot. I don't think it's anything serious, but it might cause me to push a run back a day here or there to get a couple of days of rest in row without missing any miles. Or not. We'll see how it feels on Friday morning. As I mentioned before, it's not uncommon to have a variety of maladies throughout training. I think will probably pass as well. Here's hoping.

No comments: