Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Outstanding!

If this keeps up, I am going to run out of superlatives. If you haven't checked the donation page lately, we are up to an astounding $6,500 dollars raised. I can't begin to thank all of you enough. It's really amazing to raise that amount of money, let alone to do it in three days. Again, I sincerely appreciate each and every person who has supported our efforts to raise money for FSMA.

I have had a few people ask me about raising the goal. Once we do hit the $7,500 mark, we will take it up another notch. Please feel free to continue sending out the donation information to anyone who you think might be interested in supporting us.

I should probably mention something about running pretty soon.

I ran 7 miles yesterday. The goal pace/mile was again 8:31. I came in fast again with an 8:11. I felt pretty good overall. I still feel like I am getting into the groove and should hopefully feel great in a few weeks once my stamina is built up a little more.

My typical weekly running schedule for this marathon will include runs on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Due to the terrible weather earlier this evening, I am pushing the normal Wednesday run to tomorrow morning. I'll pick right back up on the regular schedule on Friday.

The rest of the week looks like this:
Thursday: 6 miles including 2@ 6:42 pace, probably the 2nd and 5th mile
Friday: 6 miles @ 8:31
Sunday: 14 miles, with less emphasis on the 8:31 pace
Total for Week 2 : 33 Miles

I'll see what I can do to get my training schedule posted here for those interested.


Also, for those of you keeping score at home, the star of the June 28th Zab post and former Maple Leaf Goalie Andrew Raycroft was signed by the Colorado Avalanche. Congrats Andrew!

No comments: